Saturday, April 8 marks our seventh annual Books 2 Eat celebration at the Millennium Library.
Come and feast your eyes on some amazing edible art pieces inspired by books and created by food lovers of all ages! Celebrity judges, including emcee Chrissy Troy of 103.1 Virgin Radio, will announce the winners at 3:30 pm.
But there’s lots more to enjoy at Books 2 Eat…
- Browse through a buffet of hands-on family activities from noon to 3 pm: sample healthy treats, try cookie decorating, and play with your food at our games and technology stations!
- From 1 to 2 pm, families can enjoy a tasty story time filled with mouth-watering tales and a pinch of tasty verses – plus a chance to get hands-on and decorate your own delicious sugar cookie. (Registration required; call 204-986-6488.)
- Hunt down food-related clues through all four floors of the Millennium Library! Kids and teens can pick up a smorgasbord scavenger hunt sheet at the Children’s Desk. Hand in your answer sheet (right or wrong) by 3 pm and you’ll be entered in our prize draw.
- Help nourish other families in the city! Winnipeg Harvest will be on hand to share information on their services and to take donations of non-perishables.
- Enter a draw for a chance to take home some delectable door prizes including baked goods from Chew.
Still hungry? Check out our website for more details!